Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Sunday, August 10, 2008

I really feel like a professional athlete!! I earned my first IFBB $$$ by winning the best poser award at the Tampa Pro last night!!!! It is amazing...I never thought I would have been able to earn money as pro!!!! I'm not gonna be rich from it but it is the principal of it. I have to thank God for bringing me to this place...wihtout his grace there is no way I would have done made this achievement. With all I went through this year and the incocnsistencies in my prep it amazes me that I was able to come in looking like I did. God definately is etching my path with this success and it humbles me.

Tim really put on such a great show!!! Attention to ALL detail...in house banquest, after party, picking up the dignitaries, shuttle service, live music in the lobby, greaqt venue, flowers for all the women...the list just goes on and on...he is such a wonderful host, trainer and friend...I wish he and Brandie so much success and can NEVER thank them enough for ALL they do for me!!!!!!

Being on stqage felt so good...I didn't have the rookie jitters...I felt confident and and a total BLAST!!! I feel like I improved on my posing and the night show was so much fun!!!! I got great feed back fromt he judges and people in attendance. It has lit a fire under me to to go Atlantic City!!!! There was some dead time in between the posing routines and announcing the top 3 so they let all 10 of us have an impromptu pose down...that was fun...the big girls were dwarfing me so I went right between their legs!!!! It was a blast!!!!

The after party ended up being a blast because we were just silly and dancing...Dave won the under 202 and took third in the open. He really gave the big boys a run for their money!! Toney Freeman and Dennis James (1 2 respectively) had to really work around the GIANT KILLER!!!! Nicki, Dave, Kris, Jose , Tania and some other peeps partied at Flyods in the Hard Rock till 4 am!!! It is amazing what alittle Goose and red Bull will do for a girl!!!!!!! We haven't had that much fun after a show in a minute!!!! I also can't thank Krissy Murrell enough for being my B all weekend...she rocks and will be rocking the North American stage in 3 weeks....go Kris!!!!

I wished I could stay in Tampa for an extended period of time!!!! I so need the extra break...I will be here again soon though...the Hurricane is coming up and a wedding in Ocotber!!!!

More later...I'm cooking some rice and beans before I gotta get back on teh diet train!!!!
Peace out
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home