Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Friday, September 05, 2008

Good Morning NYC!!!

I am sitting in the Marriott Downtown where I have spent many a weekend at a Tribeca bodybuilding show as I write this. Out of my window I can see the Statue Of Liberty between 2 big skyscrapers. It's hazy and humid today but very warm. It will never cease to amaze me the wonders that NYC has. Nicki and I drove down yesterday (the time passed so quick with her in the car!) to get ready to work the Team U show. It is spread out as there is no real host hotel and checkins are very informal and held out of a room at the Embassy Suites. Sot here isn't a big fanfare and press converging and all that.

When we went to check in with Stoner and Kimmie Bev Francis was there as well (it's her show afterall) and we started talking about the Ms. Olympia when it was held at the Felt Forum. The joy that lit up her face as she spoke ow this was incredible to see. She is a very humorous engaging woman and it struck me what a special thing I was a part of being able to listen to her up close and personal talk about her competitive years in the mid 80's!!! I am so blessed to be exposed and introduced top the people I have been in this sport. I am really a fan first and competitor second!!!

The numbers are down compared to the last few years but this isn't surprising given the cost of staying in the city. With the way the check-ins were set up we decided to leave some product and go check into our hotel and do cardio. We took a great walk outside through battery park and all up the batter. There are beautiful gardens and walkways and artwork all along the batter, people and family's out with picnics, people walking their dogs, executives outside at the bars after work. It is just full of life. Me and Nicki used out time to catch up and "bond" before busting our butts backstage. It was a nice start to the weekend.

I am going to lay low this weekend except for work...I am really hitting the wall and feel extremely tired and hungry. My muscles and joints are sore...so I know this is almost time to rest now. Hopefully I will get to hang out a bit with Brandie and Tim and that is about it. I also want to have a photo shoot with Dan Ray down at the wall street bull like Kia Greene did in the last MD issue. It was a hot layout with him and the city in the background, all done in black and white!!!! I am in shape enough where it would be impressive and there is no one on the streets on NY Sunday am!!

Well, I guess we get on with the day and see if there will be time to hit the gym before we are backstage with our gloves on!!!!!

Peace
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home