Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, October 17, 2005

WOW!
I can't believe it has been so long since I updated!~!
I was so busy last week preparing to go to Vegas for the O!!! I guess I never had time to check in!
Anyway...I left for Vegas last Thursday (13th) and got home last night (morning) at 1 am!! It was a total whirlwind trip!! Being a part of the Road To The Pros was exciting and exhausting all at the same time. Jaye Hammet was very considerate to make sure we athletes were able to work out, eat our meals and do whatever we needed to in order to stay on track with our training. We were treated to Ruth Chris after some promotional photos on Thursday night. It was a great opportunity to meet some of the other athletes that are a part of this: Grigori Atoyan, Randy Jackson, Bill Wilmore, Corey Matthews, Justinian (from NY) and the many people behind the scenes (camera crew; Big Al!, asssistants; Connie and Schara). It was a trip to be sitting at dinner with the likes of Flex Wheeler, Steve Bleckman, John Romano, Tony Freeman just to name a few. I looked around and realized that this is a huge opportunity for me. Dorian Yates is coming on board and of course there is Shawn Ray. I had to keep reminding myself that I have a goal and had to stay on track.
Friday and Saturday at the expo were cool but flew by so fast. I worked the booth, talked to the people, watched the women's prejudge. Saturday was men's prejudge and Jaye Hammet let us all go to see that. We interviewed prospective people for this season and future episodes. It was overwhelming and busy!
Friday night was the Wildcard and good friend, David Henry won!!!! Winner take all..the 10 grand and the last qualifying slot for the O!!! How exciting! Friend Kim Kline took a second in fitness..up the ladder she goes, one rung at a time...you go gurl!!! Jenny Hendershot took first and Davana Medina took first in figure. Monica Brant looked so awesome...but third place was all they would consider for her.
Saturday at the expo (which is just bull____!) the women bodybuilders completed their quest for the O! Yoxini took the crown away form Iris Kyle. Dayana Cadeau took third. I was so impressed with Tonie Norman. She looked beautiful and it just gave me goose bumps to see her standing on that O stage..an inspiration for us Team U graduates!!!! I actually thought the lighter weight women (even though there were no weight classes, more bull____) looked much better than the bigger ladies. They were tighter without being too big. Rosemary Jennings, Ma han, Tonia Williams, Tonie...they all looked great and were an inspiration to me!! It is just too bad that they couldn't be seen on the big O stage. Of course we all know that Ronnie took the O on Saturday night. The production was a bit ghetto however, lapses in introductions and very disorganized looking. The challenge round, in my opinion, need to be canned. What a waste of time. At least the athletes got some money out of the deal but, please! They could give out money for other things that would make more sense.
I was able to enjoy some down time with friends; went to Pure with Richard Jones and his friends, met up with Lana Dora and her clan for dinner on Saturday. Got together with Team Body Tech member, Marcus Haley on Saturday night at Chris Cormiers' party. Defiantely a fun time to be had...not to worry all...I stayed on track, ate clean, did ALL my cardio and trained. No drinking (only diet coke)...just a lack of sleep.
I had the opportunity to train with Grigori from the RTP on Saturday. It was a great workout and fun time training with the big boys!! He told the crew that I had a lot of drive for a little one. Thanks G$$$! He is a cool cat.
It was a highlight also to have dinner with Lana and the muscle mayhem crew: Rick Parker and his girl, Doc Shoot and his girl, Big Luke Wood, Kim Perez, Flex (not wheeler, from Yates nutrition), Natalie and Adam, Nida, sweet Mari, Lana and her peeps!! Wished I could have hung tough to go to the ghost bar but I had to be a good girl and listen to Big BillWilmore and go home. The body needed rest!
Sorry such a long blog guys!! Too much to report.
Will get some rest and get back into the groove and check in regularly!!
talk to ya all soon - train hard!
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home