Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, August 28, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

Hello all!!

I'm back form the Europa and ready to kick ass for the next 4 weeks. It was awe inspiring to see the women on stage and just walking around all weekend. I have to say that I DID NOT feel ready around them!! SEeing the newer pros that I have competed with was great and seeing the older pros who have been competing for years was just....OH MY GOD! There were moments when I was watching them perform their mandatories solo that I thought"What am I gettingmyself into???" Not only am I not in that league but I am not sure if I want to be?? Then they called out the top 5 and it was such an inconsistent bunch of physiques that I felt like..."OK, this is a crap shoot!...It is what it is and so ...let's just go!!" There was no consistencies in the physiqures but there were 2 newer pros in top 3 with qualifications for the O. It made me wonder...are they trying to bring fresh blood into the sport, a new look? Not sure what was behind the caall but anything can happen and it doens't really matter who the top 5 is...they are all champions and pros! I also realized that probably the most improtant thing to do up there is present yourself like you belong there...like you are a professional! Bring the positive mojo to the stage and ju;st make them love you!!! No matter what happens there is plenty of fan support.
All the girls that qualified will still be competing in Atlantic City as well as Betty Pariso, Cathy Priest , Marja Liehenton and who know who else. It will be a stacked line up for sure. Everyone gets to poise so my routine will be importnatn and not matter what mymom will get o see my routine! So...all in all...my fear dissapated as the evening wore on.
It was nice to see so many friends in the sport. I roomed with Debbie Bramell and she is just awesome. With both of us dieting and doing cardio we stayed totally on track (of course she does less cardio than me!). i did n't really get caught up on any sleep. Although I didn't party I was up every morning by 6:30 to go train and do cardio and then to get on the plane howm (5:30). Need less to say, I am tired. Idefinately need a day when I can just sleep until I can't anymore and then do cardio. Phsyically my body feels good, no hurts and pains but mentally I am a bit delusional. I get real spacy and REAL hungry!! It's hard to multi-task at this point?

My night show suit was waiting for me when I got home along with some free suppliments from a company called HYTECH who have awesome thermogenics! I absolutely love my suit but the top is too small...imagine that!? I called Maggie (maggiefit.com) and she is going to adjust it! It's gorgeous. It's cherry red velvet with blue/green stones and crystals! She did an awesome job!
Big Bill was in Texas woo...dietng and trianing as well. While we were there we spoke with Maggie and Dave about our guest posing appearances at their show after the Olympia. all arrangements are made and it's confirmed. Bill wants us to both be on stage together...that oughta be interesting. I told him it would be the Beauty & the Beast!!! he-he
My mom and feeling pretty good and getting excited to go to AC! My dad is well too but he doens't usually make the trip. I am feeling so blessed that mom has recovered from her last bout of the penumonia. It's always scary when she gets sick!

My girl Nicki will be heading out for good a week form today. Her going away party is this Sunday night. I am gonna try not to think about it...OK I gotta go (sniffles)

I feel like I am forgetting something...


Ciao
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home