Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

I'M BAAAACK! Good Lord. It is as hot here as it was in Vegas!! Just home from the USA's weekend~ WOW!

Got there last Thursday to find out that the hotel had NO airconditioning. Yes, people, It was HOT!!! They were "working on it" I kept being told and it did get better but the first 2 days were...pretty DAMN HOT!!!! Not that it isn't bad en ough to walk outside and feel like a hot blow dryer was hitting your face but you felt the same thing when you opened the door to your room!!! WE got through it though..weigh-ins, prejudgeing ( over 350 athletes' 190 of which were figure!) and the finals on Saturday night. I kept on target until Saturday at which point I only got one cardio in. I stuck to the diet though and was handsomely rewarded with 2 cheat meals on Sunday and one on Monday. Tim is happhy with how I am looking He feels I am on target and after this week of going back down to low carbs he wants to cycle my carbs. That will be a bit different. I am anxious to see how it works.
The show was a good one. The athletes were off the chain. The overall winner was Omar Deckard and MIchael ERgas got the second pro card. For the women, Heather Policky won the overall and IFBB pro status. She looked the best I have seen her. She just missed the overall last year and lost to Amanda Dunbar so I am sure she was happy with this victory. I amnot sure about the figure girls or how they placed. Except the a Brandie looked the best I have seen her and she took a 14th. I think the figure girls looked better at this show than any other one all year. I am not sure why but they were on target more than ever.
My bella Lana came in on Friday and stayed with me. She is an angle and I love her. I am so blessed that God has crossed our paths. She set up a great party on Saturday night at Mix which is located in The Hotel. It was an awesome set up and the peoples were in rare form. Lana, Leighanna, Q, Me, NIcki, Dave, MIke MOrris and Nida, a few competitors, Debbie Bramwell and her people, Phil Heath and is girl, Hany and Dana and Ray Arde and his girl all showed up later. PEople jsut kept coming in. It was a blast. We carried the party over to an after hours place called the Empire. Before you know it Gary Strydom joined the party and it was day light! That's how it happens in Vegas!!! Some people left there and were going to REHAB at the Hardrock...no way!!! I had to get some sleep!
Tim and Brandie met up with me, NIcki and Dave Henry to buy us birthday lunch. My first cheat meal; Cheeseburgers! It was awesome to spend time with Tim and Brandie...they are great people and so happy together. Tey even brought me and NIcki gifts. They are so cute!!!WE strolled around the Dessert Passage mall for a bit before heading back to the hotels to take a nap and get ready for our night out. We met up later and had dinner at Sensi in the Bellagio and then went to see "O". It was awesome...like an acid trip. So creative and different. It was an awesome way to celebrate our birthays. By the time we got out it was passed midnight so it was officialy our bitthday so we went and got cake and coffee. Lord knows we didn't need another drink! It was a special night out with my Leo sister and her man and Lana Dora!!! Mom Salotti bought the dinner. I am so blessed. Lana really got to know Nicki and Dave and I am happy about that. I have a feelign me and Lana will be friends for a long time!
Monday rolled around and it was just a lazy day. I was back on track with the diet and cardio. Lounged around by the pool with Lana. Mike and Nida until we had to check out. Boy I couldn't used a few more days of that I tell ya!!! Once Kimo came to get Lana, I left with Dave and Nicki and we went to train at teh Golds and I did another cardio. We then took showers and went out for my last cheat meal and our true birthday dinner!!! Don't ask me why but I thought that the Pink Taco would be a cool place to go. HOmemade margaritas and fresh food. Well halfway through dinner I started getting astomach ache...bad idea to have Mexican food and tequila!!!! Especialy since I can't tell you the last time I had it!! I had to go back to Nicki and DAve
s room before they brought me to the airport! I was miserable but I got on the red eye and here I am!!! I feel a bit better now but still exhuasted!!!
I gotta say ..one of the highlights of my trip was training at Gold's on Friday while Mimi Jabalee was putting Colette Nelson through a leg workout. Colette is 4 weeks out form the Europa and boy was it motivating to watch them work!! I got so jazzed that I was flying 40 lb. dumb bells like nothing!! Amanda Dunbar was there too. Thre was electricity in the air!! I wished I had people like that aroudn mroe. It's so motivating. MImi told me when I go to Atlanta to visit my friends that I will have to call them to train!! I was like..ABSOLUTELY. she doens't need to tell me twice!!
On a whole it was a great eekend...great friends...hard work...tons of motivation..lots of "deep" conversations..friendships made solid..a couple relaxing moments (wished I could say whole days!).
BACK TO REALITY!
Until later
Peace
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home