Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, June 19, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

I am BAAAACK!!!! I got in from Chicago yesterday and celebrated Father's Day (what was left of it) with my dad! My mom grilled up a bunch of meat and veggies and totaly catered to my food needs, we lounged around and he opened his presents. It's about as much excitement as I could take....I was EXHAUSTED!!!!!!
Jr. nats went well...it's a lot of work. There were over 300 competitors for the 2 days how. Nicki and I had a couple people who paid for painting and a couple people that we did as favors. One of those was a guy named, Jack, he has cerebral palsey and is deaf. He was flown in from Alaska alone for the show. It was a humbling experience paiting Jack. This man with his disabilities was living out his dream of competing at the National level. I'll tell you what, I will never complain about this able body having to do 2 cardios a day!!!! We were all better people for meeting Jack this weekend. He was awarded a special award from the promoters, they had a bunch of the figure girls present his torphy to him...he was thrilled!

It was an awesome time dispite allthe hard work. Me and Nicki got ther on Thursday (to the wrong airport) and after a hellish shuttle ride we immediately ran into friends at the hotel. We were able to have lunch with Tim and Brandie right away. We trained on Friday with people from Mayhem (Franco, Natalie and Q). We did back adn had a great time and a great workout. It was so nice meeting those people in person. They are awesome. It wasn't such a great idea however to do dead lifts since we were bending and stretching over the next 2 days oiling people up. We were pretty broken to say the least.
"Marvelous" Melvin Anthony bought us dinner one day and told us his testimony. He really has quite a story and I am sure we only heard a little part of it. I actually was pleasantly surprised by our visit. He seems to really be on the right track being a man of God now. he had us laughing too. He is pretty funny!
We spent time with Maggie and Dave after the show on Saturday. It was so late that there was no food in the hotel so we ordered pizza and had drinks in the lobby! Vince Tayloe joined our group and talked a bit about his plans. There was a very different bunch of people allweekend to hang out with and get to know...it was great!
The best thing was that Nicki and I got to really hang out together the whole time. Dave wasn't there this trip so it was like "old times"! I have a feeling once she moves these weekends will be like a great reunion for us!
There are some really great people out there in this crazy BB world. We ocntinue to meet them or re-meet them all the time! Some of the girls backstage were so appreciative, Maggie and Kris, they brought us "treats"! We get alot of accolades fromt he people we oil up. It's nice. Mary Hobbs worked with us and we had a volutneer, Kelly too! I didn't get to see too much of the show but it really does seem that the judging is leaning toward the softer look. Once again the best conditioned women BB did not win, showing that they really want a change, at least at the National level.
There is just so much to talk about I can't remember it all!!!
I willcheckin later when the mind is clear!!

Have a good Monday all!
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home