Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Friday, September 07, 2007

HELLO!!!!!

Ok...I am not going to try to play catch up here since I haven't been on since JUNE!
Can you believe that summer is almost over? It has been a total whirlwind for me since my last writing. I have traveled ALL over for Protan...was gone pretty much every weekend in July at all the important shows and now....prepping to compete in ATLANTIC CITY on 9/15/07.

My life has been very different...I resigned from my 22 year position as a social worker for the state because I felt that my soul was suffering the consequences of the job and the atmosphere.....I feel soooooo free since I have left...now I am in transition....life changing....it is good, scary, exciting, overwhelming.....those are just a few of the emotions that have passed through me since this transition has occured....it's strange that with my life and finances being in limbo right now I don't feel totally panicked!?
I feel calm and optimistic that things will work out and everything will be OK...probably better in the long run...I do crave a bit of normalcy but really, what I am trying to do is pay attention to what I AM SUPPOSED to do...sometimes we are so busy being focused on what we THINK we are supposed to do that we don't pay attention to what we are MEANT to do......

...all this and I am prepping for a show...that seems like the least of my issues right now...it is the ONLY normalcy in my life right now....how strange...what once was such a huge big deal is just another day...almost a comfort (when I am not totally starving!!!)

So I am looking forward to bringing my mom to ATLANTIC CITY with me and make a nice weekend out of it....she nor my dad have been able to come see me (she used to) so it is very special to have her with me....really it is all about her...I even bought her a new gold bangle to add to her collection that she started when I started winning shows(I think she has seven now)...since I have turned pro, winning hasn't happened so she hasn't treated herself....so I DID IT FOR HER!!!!! She will be upset that I spent the money but...I wanted to do something special for her...she and my dad are such great support for me...not only in BB but in life...I really don't know what I would do without them....

The other big news in my life is that I am going to jump into a figure show at the end of the year. They are allowing IFBB women to cross over in the same year...not many FBB can do the cross so I want to be the first one..even if I do have toomuch muscle for figure...it just lends to my point as a pro...to prove that FBB can be marketable, pretty and feminine...why can't we do it all!!! GO FIGURE!!!!!

OK all....for those of you who have supported me and want to keep posted I vow to be better about updating my blog...I will let you knkow how it went in AC!!!!!

CIAO
C
PS: go to myspace.com/mightylightweight and check out my profile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home