Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, March 12, 2007

WOW!!

I am soo sorry I have been away so long...technical difficulties with my blog~~~ One day I WILL BE COMPUTER LITERATE! Ha!

OK...recap of my experience in Sacramento!!!!??? ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!
From coming into Lana's home, being treated with a relaxing facial, having all the comforts of home, taking a ride in the Benzo to SAC to actually waiting out the last few days before stage! I met up with the Boss, Tim Gardner and competitor and Lil Bro, Marcus Haley, once I got there...I got to spend quality time with both of them. It was a little uncomfortable as the last few days are but I was right on target! Right to the point where I peaked in the room on Friday night!!! Yeah, that's right, timing a bit off...but it is all good. It wouldn't have made a difference in my placing anyway. It's always a learning experience!!
The actual compeition was a blast...the girls show me soo much love..there was a lot of comreaderie and fun. The wine was flowing! It was a blast! I weighed in at 111 lbs. Definately at least 10 lbs less than the rest of the pack!!!

Tonie Norman took the lightweight division and Heather Policky took the heavyweight and overall in her pro debut! Vicki NIxon took a third behind Cathy Lafrancios in the lightweights. I took 6th but scoresheets show differently. I will follow up with that.

Big T Freeman, the X-man, took the show and Marcus took a very respectable 4th place. HIde from Japan made history getting the first ever "O" qualification for a Japanese man.

We had awesome Sushi after prejudge...Marcus, Tim, Lana, Shelly (who came in to do my makeup!), and Toney. It was a blast!!
After the night show just me, Lana and Toney went out for dinner. We kept it real low key...not even any cosmos!!!! Everyone was tired!

I was suspposed to shot all day Sunday but only ended up with one shoot with Gene X. It was a fun time and great pics although it was pretty cold! We got some good shots with Heather's overall sword!!! Steve Winnerstromhad family things to take care of so we agreed to shoot at the Arnold on Thursday...that meant holding the diet for a week!! YIKEEEESS!!! That's what make me the pro, right????

The friendships alon the way are just so priceless..just like the Visa comercial! Heather Foster, who calls me, "The BODY Salotti", will be working with me on my next routine! It's so exciting as she is just a phenomoinal entertainer. Vicki NIxon (3rd) was amazing...she just has delts from another planet and she is so sweet...overcoming so many physical but always has so much positive energy! Tonie Norman and Kim Perez...always so easy to be around. lauren Powers was reporting for MD online..she is so fullof energy and always gives me props! Then three are a few veterans, Cathy Lafrancious, Gayle Moher, Helen Bouchard...always smiling at me. The European girls, too...are so nice.

You know...it's funny how once you get that pro card then the focus all changes...for some of us it is no longer about "winning shows"...so focus and energy has to change! It's my goal as an IFBB pro to prove that Female BB can be feminine and marketable...the repsonse I got from my peers (competitors and spectators) as well as officials and others in the industry after this show is right in line with my goal.... I GUESS I AM DOING WHAT I HAVE BEEN CALLED TO DO!? WOW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home