Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Sunday, 1/20/08, a big game for the Patriots inNew England today. It's cold and windy but at least sunny!

Mom answered the phone when I called this morning...she said she slept really well and to take my time getting there. This is huge! She hs steadily but slowly improved over the week. She is so weak that her biggest exercise is getting up to go to the bathroom. It's beenhard leaving her as she gets a scared look on her face and gets worried that she will be neglected if she is left alone. I have no fear of this at Baystate. The nurses and aides have been the best. They listen, are cmpasionate and really care for her well. They are well documented and pass along info and most importantly they are gentle with my mom wihtout being condescending. Huge shout out and much gratitudtue to the nurses and aides and respiratory OF SPRINGFIELD 1!!!!!
I don't know how they do it in an dout...they are amazing people.

So today I actually gave myself time to take a shower before heading to the hospital. I have been there before 8 am most days and stay most of the day.
I need to get to work a bit this week...not only for the money but for the sanity. The people at the gym have been so awesome....another shout out to GOLD' GYM WEST SIDE!!! What would I do without their support!? And my clients.....gosh...I'm blessed. I guess if I am working a job without benefits the best and biggest benefit is the caring of the people I work with and beside!
It's overwhleming sometimes!!!! I am so blessed!
Let's get on with the day...the sunshine and positive vibe!!!!!!

GO PATS

1 Comments:

Blogger Lace Magicke said...

I am sorry to hear your Mom is in the hospital. My name is Carol, I worked years ago with your Mom in Manhattan and met you when you worked summers with us. (I remember how proud Ginny was of her ballerina daughter!) We still keep in touch after all these years. I sent her a card this past Christmas also.

I am married now and live in North Carolina and rarely get North anymore. I received a card from Ginny some months ago with just a short note in it. I do know that she has had health problems these last years. I hope she gets better as she is one fabulous woman who I have admired all these years.

Good luck to you both! Your photos are awesome!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home