Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, April 17, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

Happy Patriots Day all!!

There is nothing better than a Monday holiday!! I love not having to be at the day job. For some reason last week every little thing annoyed me at the 9-5 so this day off after a working weekend is nice!!

I got back yesterday from NYC> Nicki and I had gone in to work the NY Metropolitan. I think it was a nice success for the show and Protan.
It's always nice to work with, see, hang out with our Steve Stone Expeditor crew frineds. Kim Klien did not defend her title as she and her hubby decided that since she is already qualified she should make way for more people to get a chance. She looked great non-the-less and had things under control backstage.
We got the pro masters men and pro fitness ready for prejudge and then the rest of the amatuers.
Bob Chiccerello won the masters wth Johnny Stewart in second, Pavol third, Claude Groulx in fourth and Stan Curly top Mcrary in 5th. Oiling up the pros is fun and a trip. To see their different personalities come out if really interesting! I gotta say that Bob Chic was hilarious and really fun to be around back there. There was a live web cast on bodybuiling.com so the cameras were following him around. He graciously put Nicki and I on the camera giving us and Protan props for all the hard work we do backstage! The biggest thing noticed as always is that most of these guys are really down to earth and nice guys!
The pro women are great too. Many of them stayed in the dressing rooms provided for them but there were some that came down to get oiled and tied into their suits. These were the girls that know us from the national level shows. It is amazing seeing the progression from amatuer to pro. What fun! Julia Childs won, Heidi Fletcher came in second (go gurl) and Amy (sorry don't know the last name) came in third. Those women qualify for the O. I was a bit surprised that some of the pro girls who have been around did not place; like Angie Smesch and Mindy OBrien. I thought they looked great. The problem is that I don't see anyting fromt he front and never get to see the routines since I am in back working.

It was a pretty low key weekend as we did't stay at the host hotel (found cheaper accomodations elsewhere) so I felt a bit out of the loop. I did get together with friends after the show but it was low key. Nicki and I did go out for a great dinner at Megu (contemporary JApanese). Of course, true to "our" style (champagne taste and a beer pocketbook) it was a FABULOUS place. The sushi was great and the atmosphere unbelievable! It was a big treat to say the least but it's OK since we very rarely get to even get out of the venue at the othr shows! NIcki went off to see her man, Dave, in Florida for her school vacation (lucky her laying on a beach!!!) Can you tell I am jealous, it's all good. At least she is living out MY DREAM!!! If some else has to at least it's my girl, Nick. She is like my sister and I wouldn't want anything but the best for her.

So Sunday was a low key Easter. I had a real nice dinner with my parents and just relaxed and napped once I got home. My mom made a excellant springy dinner with a lemony dessert and they gave me a very needed Easter "prize". The only thing missing was that I didn't get to church.

Off today to get some stuff done, work out, breakfast with my room mate (who just got back from Miami, another one!!), train some clients...and life goes on!

Have a good one all
Ciao
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home