Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Monday, May 15, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

Hello all!!! I am back from DENVER!!! It was such beautiful weather the WHOLE time!! Sunny, dry, high in the 70's, clear skies.....to come home to this is tough. But from what I am hearing this cold, cloudy, misty day is better than the downpours and flooding that is going on around the state!!!!! so I will stop cmplaining and fill you in on the weekend!

Well, Phil Heath won his pro debut beating Darrem Charles, a seasoned pro...I believe history may have been made as well as all 3 rookies making their pro debuts were in the top 5! David Henry was 3rd, Marcus Haley was 4th and Big Bill Wilmore (who I was cooking for) was 5th. To say the least the pose down was so much fun!!! It was an absoulte thrill for me to have 4 of my friends in the top 5 along with Darrem. I helped Phil earn his pro card last July, I have helped out Marcus as well with color as he works with my trainer, Tim Gardner and then of course Big Bill hired me to do his food prep! It really was a thrill to see them all there!!!!! I have to hand it to Phil...he really bested himself and it is clear that he has a long career ahead of him. I hope he has conitnued support at home and is able to keep a humble attitude on his journey. He looked great! Congrats to them all.
This contest was like the "pretty physique" contest. All the bodybuilders (29) were in shape and beautiful. There were no real freaky men on stage. Symmetry and conditioning really were the talk of the show (besides rookie Heath upsetting seasoned veteran Charles).
At the pre-judge it looked like Darrem had the show in the beginning. All three rookies had a bit of a look of shock on their faces. I am sure they were just totally overwhelmed. At the end of pre-judge they brought Phil and Darrem out one more time, in my opinion, it was at that time that Phil over took Darrem. He was getting harder as he posed and more confident (almost to the point of disrespectful) where Darrem seemed to get a slight film over him. Of course Darrem's presentation is perfect. He is such a good poser and class act...he is just beautiful to watch. I have to give it up for Marcus Haley at night as his routine brought me to tears. He inspired me last year with his posing and I used some of his moves in my routine...I guess he just gave me some new material. Besides his actual posng he was so into his music (Christian song) that he was just lost in it and it really moved me..Thanks COMET!
Now let's discuss Mr. Wilmore...he is a giant of a man (I called him the beast this weeknd) but a gentle man through and through. He hired me to do his food prep and that I did. Let me tell you...it definately is a full time endeavor to feed a 250 lb. man!!!!! He ate every 2 hours and I mean ALL night!!!! He was his own alarm clock and would wake me throughout the night to eat!! He put alway so much food ( or at leat tried to) that I was nauseas by Saturday!!! It was all worth it though as he earn duckets his first time out as a pro...he has an excellant career ahead of him!!!!!! I had the opportunity to work with his nutritionist, Hany Rambod, and that was awesome too. He is a smart man and it was a pleasure working with him. Hopefully that connection will help grow my little business. I truely tried to do everything necessary to take any stress off Bill. Besides cooking, I ran errands, called room service, made hotel reservations for the next weeekend and took some phone calls. He said it was "priceless". I said, thats "what makes my service UNIQUE!"
Other highlights this weekend included spending some time with my trainer and his wife, Brandie. She took a third in figure in the amatuer division and is ready to take on the girls at the Jr. Nats in Chicago. She looked great and will be even better in5 weeks...you go gurl, you are the CAT's A_____!!!! lol Diana and Scott were there as well and she is looking large and in charge for sure. She will be blasting it with the girls in Chitown as well. Stay focused girl - you are gonna rock!!!!! The only problem with these weekends is that I can never spend enough time with EVERYONE!! I just wished I had been able to split in two a couple times!
My girl Nicki got in on Friday and took care of her man..Big Dave Henry brought an awesome package as well. He couldn't have been any better!!! Poor Nick though, she got a virus and ended up staying in Denver an extra night as she was too sick to get on the plane to come home!!!! Safe travels boo!! We had an awesome time SAturday night after the show. We all went to the Cheesecake factory to eat..we had some laughs I say!! Poor Bill got left on the bus..we took tricycle rides home (imagine peddling a big 250 lb guy around!!! we paid them extra), it was fun!!!

I have to mention the blessed people that keep lighting up my life at these things...Andy form Strong hold ministries and his friends, Mike, Fred and Kyle. They go to shows and help spread the word of Jesus and pray for the athletes. Andy has blessed me with awesome insight and words and it really makes me think about all that is BIGGER than this industry (and myself)!!! It is good to have these people to remind me of how blessed I am and what I need to constantly work on and pray for...thanks you so much for all you do for me and the other athletes!!!!!! We all need people on our sides like you guys!
I must also mention that DENVER is such an awesome city. They literally wash the streets every morning!!!! It is so clean, the people are super nice and the sun light even seems to be different. I remember when I went out last Juy I thought that but it was just reinforced with this trip. Shawn Ray and Mr. Taylor did an excellant job as host and promoter. He really thought of everything and took excellant care of the guests. You saw Shawn all weeeknd just pitching in to do whatever was necessary from driving the mini van to taping the stage to presenting the trophies. He did it all , tirelessly and with a smile. He earned a lot of respect from me and I am sure numerous others this weekend!!!

It was also a pleasure to hang out in the Vyotech booth for a bit with the other Vyotech athletes (mary, Lisa, Johnny, etc...). Joe Pavlik was there and is working on getting me some gear to wear as it is so awesome!!! It felt nice to be a part of that little "family" and I can't wait to do more with them!!!!!

I had some flight problems so I wasn't able to get home to have dinner with my mom for Mother's Day! It was a good thing I got her gift to her before I left. I cherish every minute I have with her, she takes so much stress off me by helping me to do little things. I am thankful for her every day...LOVE YOU MOM!!!

I feel like I am rambling!!!!! It's a bit of an adjustment from going to one of these weekends to back at home and my full time job....the mind is a little scattered...oh well...it's off this weekend for more of the same at teh NY Pro. Cooking for Big Bill and working for Protan - I will have to do some diffrent time management things and Bill may need to have some prepackaged meals this trip!!!!!

Until next time...train hard and diet wise!
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home