Welcome to my Journal..

This is where you will find the latest on my training, writings, fitness tips, diets, competitions,
and in general, what may be going on with me.

Check back to this section of the website as often as you like to catch the latest on my schedule and appearances.

STAY TUNED!!!

Carla

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Carla's Online Web Journal

WHEW!!!! Big Bill breaks into the top 5 two weeks in a row!!!! Phenomn Phil Heath wins 2 in a row!! The spring shows are definately making statements about the state of BB. They are choosing the more "streamlined look" and the rookies are making an impact! It is very interesting!

So NYC was the site of the NY Pro and I arrived to do food prep for Big Bill Wilmore on Thursday! Weekend #2, seemed to be a little easier (maybe just into the routine of it). The Big man choked down another crazy amount of food to be fuller, hareer and drier than the previous weekend. Hany kept a close eye on the progress and Voila! Great results. I was so proud to be part of "team Wilomre". He is one of the hardest working, honest guys I know in this sport and he deserves all the accolades he is geeting right now. He had a lot of friends that came to see him that he hadn't seen in years so it was a nice celebration after for him. It was also nice for me to meet these people. One of which is Michelle Robilaire (sorry about the spelling, she is a vivacious woman who had competed as a pro in the IFBB in bodybuilidng and fitness in the early 90's, and JImmy Mentis, IFBB pro who is a freind of Bill's for years. It has been my pleasure to spend time with these people!
At one point Bill turned to me and said;"I qualified for the Olympia!"...like he just had realized it. He said that he felt emotional on stage at the thought of it, perhaps more so than when he won Nationals! It must have been overwhleming for him not only to get "PAID" the first 2 times out but to also qualify for the O so quick in his new career! Many props to him and wishes for a well deserved "little" break!!
Also a shout out to Phil, Darrem, Dennis the Menace James and Dave Henry..the top 4 in front of Bill! All looking large, sharp and in charge!!
The only problem with this show is that there were so many people I wanted to spend some time with, have a quick drink or bite with and wasn't able to. People were spread out all over the city and it's hard to hook up like that! So my Mayhem crew...Luke, Kim, Doc, Beth, Godless and his sweetie!!! I wished we had more time together. Our boy Luke wasn't feeling too great so I am sure he needed to crash after the show. He looked very large and hard and his routine was beautiful...he just didn't feel so well. Big hugs out to all of you guys!!!!
King Kamali was very entertaining at the night show and brought out Dave Batistia as a Prop ( pretty big prop), that was a crowd pleaser for sure. His presentation at prejudge was a bit aggressive, in my opinion, but...I guess it gets people talking?

Besides the show I did have a chance to do cardio outside and walk around in the downtown area around ground zero. My room overlooked ground zero and everyday I was compelled to pray for the families who lost loved ones an to thank God for my blessings. I walked along he esplanade overlooking Lady Liberty and thought that I should go to Ellis Island some day. There are beautiful parks and walkways that you would never see unless you are on foot. For such a large, bustling and aggressive city there are some places of beauty and peace...how about the old church right next to the hotel and across form ground zero that didn't get touched on that fateful day...the whole area really does provoke thought...mostly of what we have to be thankful for!


I am looking forward to some down time the next couple weeks. I feel tired, satisfied but tired...a bit lonely as well. With all the people around and all the caretaking and hustling when I go to my room at night alone I feel it? Maybe it's the let down from all the excitement of travel and preping Bill and routing for friends...whatever it is I am thankful for each day and each opportunity...who knows maybe Team Wilmore will be repeating all this at the end of Sept!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home